Thursday, October 29, 2009

FGM happening here!

I was woken up this morning by a call from a hospital ..on the background I could here a woman's cry...and the doctor asked me to talk to the lady who insisted to only talk to me as am the only one who can understand..so I asked her name and I greeted her she started crying and asking me to help her...she said she poops and urinate from the same hole and she cannot control her bowels or urine and her vagina muscles were so painful! this are calls I never wish to take but these is my calling....her husband who is a strict muslim had insisted on her FGM and to honor her husband she did it..and from that day she lost all her feelings..and everyday the husband complains she is not satisfying her in bed! so this man started to have Anal sex with her because that end was tighter and warmer...OMG! she started developing problems and now she is left open...doctors are working hard to help her...this cruelity and inhumane culture and religious manipulation for how long will it go on I am sick and disgusted ! I swear I will fight FGM to the very end! I will be visiting her this evening in her home....

Me and my Congo family... their first christmas ever from the refugee camp.last years Christmas
courtsey of Mashua voice for the voiceless

The other call was from a familiar voice a close friend of mine she always complain of stomach issues and I asked her did they mutilate you? she said yes it happened 5 years ago by her in laws right here in the US! and from then she has suffered painful intercourse and painful unhappy Vagina! she was crying in pain asking me mama Tumaini (Hope) kindly help me...I don't know what my in laws did to me inside my vagina it hurts I have miscarriaged four times I feel like am dying slowly please take me to a doctor who can help me...when I urinate it hurts! O.M.G my heart broke and I couldn't breath I had to talk to Ines Laufer who is an FGM Butt kicker! to help me cool down.... again this is a muslim woman..she was told if she was not going to be mutilated things will go bad... now both women are so scared of their families they just want to be treated and reconstructive surgeries!

FGM brainwashes people, it makes people be filled with fear,despair , while it kills slowly...coz FGM is a silent killer:((((((

Ambassador Lucy .s .Mashua President of Mashua's voice for the voiceless International
Assisting refugees in the US and representation in advocasy
The Global Ambassador for fighting Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and standing up for Women’s Rights.
And the Chairperson of a worldwide campaign against FGM.
http://twitter.com/Mashua
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mashua-Against-FGM/225406701415